Oct 6, 2009

Fall Find

Fall has finally started to arrive here in South Eastern Pennsylvania. Sure there have been the occasional early trees to drop the less than stunning ones, but the colorful trees have yet to turn and I suspect it will be a couple more weeks until we can really enjoy this reverse 'bloom'.

On the way home yesterday I made a point to stop by our local Swamp Creek to scout out how things were progressing and as I got out of the car at the roadside there was duckweed growing in a drainage ditch suspending and framing a pretty maple leaf. After awkwardly balancing myself with one foot on a concrete pipe, the other in some muck and leaning way over it all, I was able to frame this shot. I am sure there will be more fall posts to follow as the season gets into full swing.

3 comments:

  1. Love it.
    It looks like opposite seasons (spring and fall) had a chance meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog today, your photos are truly inspirational... I am a photographer myself dealing mostly in portraits, though I have felt little inspiration lately.

    God has blessed you with an awesome talent

    ReplyDelete